A friend who still uses Windows asked me today for an open source
replacement for Office365 and Acrobat. I followed up by sending him the URLs
for LibreOffice.org and several web sites that offer F/OSS replacements for
Acrobat on Windows.

He's not yet ready to defenestrate, but I'd like to send him the URL for
Xubuntu live that he can download to a thumb drive, and play with it as he
continues recovering from surgery to bypass an aneurism behind his knee. I
looked on the Xubuntu web site and didn't see a download link for a live
version, only the ready-to-install-and-run version. Unless, that is, that's
what he should get.

Advice appreciated,