From: Michael Ewan <michaelewa...@gmail.com>
To: Portland Linux/Unix Group <plug@pdxlinux.org>
Cc: PLUG <p...@lists.pdxlinux.org>
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Ubuntu messed up LO!
Date: 06/26/2023 05:21:09 PM

Synaptic, Apt, or whatever all use dpkg under the covers.

Do 'dpkg --list' to see what is installed.

Make a list of things you want to remove, i.e. 'dpkg --list | grep
'somepattern' > files.txt

Then use 'dpkg deinstall' or 'dpkg -r' for each package you want to
remove,
you can gang them up on the command line if there are just a few.
There are various --force-[something] options if you run into trouble
with
dependencies or broken packages.