On 09/16/2010 02:34 PM, Tod Hansmann wrote:
> A good rule of thumb might be that if you're talking to open source
> purists or linux users from a previous era, trim and bottom post.  For
> mixed audiences or just modern email users, they tend to keep track of
> their email conversations better with a top-posting environment for
> whatever reason (the speculation of which is less important than the
> fact that it is so).

I have noticed that in environments where face contact is frequent
(employment and family, for example), top posting makes more sense.  In
those contexts, it's almost always a bad thing to have a complex
conversation over email, and top posting discourages everyone from
having any sort of complex conversation.

I haven't even met most of the developers I work with, so I'm glad there
is a more sophisticated way to use email.  Otherwise we'd hardly get
anything done. ;-)

Shane