On 05/24/2011 03:19 PM, S. Dale Morrey wrote:
> On the other hand, some folks seem convinced that their facebook
> accounts are wonderful places to discuss the upcoming vacation where
> they won't be home for two weeks.  Oh and uncle Otto!  Lets not forget
> him, uncle Otto Beoutajob, he's such a hoot!
>
> Did you know he called in sick the other day just so he could catch
> the game?  OMG his boss is SUCH an idiot!  Here's some pics of Otto at
> the game, check out the size of the fatty he's smokin!  You think he
> rolled it himself or did Jimmy roll it for him?  Heck with that beer
> and that joint, no one would ever guess he works for<insert three
> letter agency here>.
>
> No you're right I don't see the difference.

It sounds like you're saying people behave differently on social
networks due to the illusion of privacy.  In that case, aren't the
*people* at fault, not the social networks?  Personally, I post on
Facebook only because that's where my friends go, but I regard anything
I post there as public and act accordingly.  Most of my friends do the same.

Shane