My daughters bought me a lifetime pass. I went through the trouble of
ripping all of my movies, music, etc. For us, it is super nice to have all
of our media on the go as we don't subscribe to cloudy services besides
prime and netflix.  As much as I like them, their selections are often
lacking for our tastes.

I also don't like some of the online services where you have to purchase
your digital copy as well, when you already purchased the physical disc.

The single biggest reason I wanted plex premium was for the profiles. There
is some content that we own that I want to restrict my kids from watching.
Having their own profile allows for this.

If you aren't ripping your own media, or using any of the other features of
plex premium, I wouldn't waste the money.