bpa Wrote:
> Re AlienBBC - On OSX your problem is most likely  the problem with
> mplayer.sh and mplayer not being on the path.
>
> Edit mplayer.sh (not with textpad) and change the line
> app=mplayer
> app=/usr/local/bin/mplayer
>
> The above is an example = the folder name to be used it the one you
> have used to hold mplayer

The crucial point with this editing is that you must use an editor that
preserves Unix line endings - or a program to convert Mac line endings
to Unix ones. Editing in a Unix editor via Terminal is ok, so are
Tex-Edit Plus and TextWrangler, but not TextEdit. This issue should be
solved in the next release of AlienBBC.

In another thread there has been a discussion of Shoutcast. Look for
details yourself, but I gather they have changed the format of their
streams, which is causing problems at present.

--
danco