The attached patched (hacked) edition of iTunes Update v.1.7.1 (I've
called it v1.7.1a) allows for the setting of half stars via the SB
remote.

By default the behaviour is the same as the vanilla v1.7.1 plugin where
you hold down the buttons 0 though 5 whilst on the "Now Playing" screen
to set a rating of 0 to 5 stars.

But, if you go into "Server Settings | Plugins" and switch on "Allow
Half Stars" (you will need to restart SlimServer afterwards) then the
behaviour changes...

You now hold down buttons 0 though 9 & ADD (+) to set a rating from 0
to 5 stars in half star increments. So button 1 = half a star, button 2
= one star, button 3 = one and a half stars etc. The ADD button
corresponds to five stars (I chose this button relatively
arbitrarily).

iTunes can currently display the half star values but some other parts
of the interface are still catching up - for example you cannot use
half stars in iTunes Smart Playlists. Hopefully Apple will change this
eventually.

To install the patched version you should get the vanilla v1.7.1 plugin
working and then simply replace the plugin.pm file in your
server\plugins\itunesupdate folder with the attached file.

This has been minimally tested. I am not a Perl expert and I have some
big questions about what I've done in some parts of the code.

I would be glad to see this code merged back into James' plugin f he
thinks it is worthy.

Cheers,

barcar.

|Filename: Plugin.pm                                                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1478|

barcar