I don't know the numbers very well but I think [EMAIL PROTECTED] is normally
good enough for FLAC so if you selected only MP3 for RTSP streams and
you are getting choppy audio then the problem is probably not simple
signal strength.

A better description of "choppy audio" would help especially whether
the sound recovers and what is the timeframe of choppiness and the
recovery.

If you get the choppy audio with BBC "listen Again" programs as well as
live then I would tend to believe you are getting intermittent
interference on the wireless.  The net test which stopped after 15 mins
may be an indication of this - it would be best to try to run the test
for longer and see if these breaks occur often but irregular.  When
running the test - contine normal routine and perform the test when
there are people up & about both in your house and in the neighbours.

Intermittent interference can be caused by many sources including other
Wifi, cordless telephones & microwave ovens. The interference could also
come from a neighbour depending on type/location of your home.

--
bpa