bpa;144409 Wrote:
> The significant ones in terms of quality would be "connection resets"
> and "packets retransmitted".
>
> A connection is reset usually after timeouts and basically
> unrecoverable error in communications.
>
> If a packet is lost due to error, network load etc, then it has to be
> retransmitted.
>
> The Reset and Retransmitted counters should not change frequently.  You
> might do a comparison between listening using a Media player and
> listening using SB/mplayer.

bpa >>> thought I'd update you on my test results.    I tried the BBC
stream
mms://wmlivegeo.bbc.net.uk/wms/radio4/radio4_nb_e2s2
with WinAMP and with SS.

In a period of 60sec with WinAMP, resets went from 217 to 219;
retransmits didn't change from 503.

In a period of 60sec with SB, resets went from 172 to 233;  retransmits
from 2472 to 5900.

I'm not entirely sure what, if anything, to say to my ISP.

--
Diana

--
Diana