There is search in the YouTube plugin, either in the LMS GUI or in
application like iPeng. I'm also using a windows 10 dedicated app that
provide search as well. I think that every remote control app does
leverage the search that is provided by the plugin.. The search options
I've implemented and that are made available through these different UI
are not super sophisticated, but they are good enough. One thing that I
might do one day is to add the possibility to authenticate with your
google account so that you also have access to your YT subscription,
playlists and al. It requires a bit of coding and use of oauth, so I'm
not going to to that very soon, but I've put it in the backlog

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2