gorman wrote:
> Am I correct in my understanding that downloaded songs can't be played
> locally by a combination of Squeeze Ctrl and SB Player? You need a
> different app for local playback, right?

Yes, that is correct. SB Player is essentially a Squeezebox, it can only
play music streamed from a Squeezebox server.

Well.... there is probably a convoluted way to do it.  If you run a SMB
server on your device and share the music directory, you can add the
network directory on your server.  Then you'll be able to stream music
from your phone through your server back to SB Player on your device.