Just wanna give some final feedback on my LMS issues. It's running
nicely now, thanks to you guys for your help. However, there is
something fundamentally flawed with the scanning process. Time varies on
my system for a full clean scan between one and almost three hours.
Especially the 'Database Optimize (1 of 2) constantly stalls when the
black dots are just about halfway 'filled up'. Unless the reason for
this is in some way related to how data is stored and distributed on NAS
harddrives, there is something going wrong here and I doubt I am the
only person experiencing these issues. Cheers

With 100k tracks you should have a minimum of 1GB of RAM and use the "Maximum Memory" option in Settings/Advanced/Performance/DB. Using that setting with little memory could cause swapping - not what you'd want. It seems to be possible to replace the memory in the 416play. I'd give that a try.

The DB optimization step is extremely heavy on I/O: it's analyzing all the data to improve read access (https://sqlite.org/lang_analyze.html), followed by a vacuum to free unused disk space and optimize the data storage in the db file (https://sqlite.org/lang_vacuum.html). This second step in particular would basically copy the full db file in to a new one, causing lots of reads on the old and writes on the new file. What's the size of your library.db* files?

BTW: it's optimization for future use. You could technically skip it, but this would potentially slow down every day usage.

--

Michael