I listened to the concert from the Bridgewater Hall last night. The
sound quality was very good.

The stream was indicating a delay of 2 minutes (3 minutes when first
selected) for most of the concert.

I did not want to hear the second item, so I thought I'd switch to
another music source from my LMS store. But you can't stop the flac
stream by deleting it from the play list. The only way to stop the
concert playing was to turn the LMS server (a Netgear NAS312) off. So it
seems to me that the LMS is buffering the flac stream from the BBC. This
might be a good idea if you're in an area where your iPlayer/broadband
connection is intermittent.

At the end of the concert, the difficulty I've described above did NOT
continue. You could cancel the BBC Flac stream selection, and move
elsewhere on the LMS to make another selection which then played
normally. So the buffering seems to only for one scheduled item -
thankfully, or you'd never stop streaming BBC R3.