marzipan71 wrote:
> Thanks to all who still maintain the various repos and add-ins...I'm an
> expat based in Seattle for the last 6 years and the iPlayerExtras plugin
> has been keeping me sane, played on my Logitech Squeezebox Radios all
> around the house. Unfortunately this past week the iPlayerExtras plugin
> died, and having searched the various threads I see that the API's are
> dead and Extras is unlikely to be resurrected. Very bad news for me.
>
> I'm now trying to use the iPlayer plugin itself and have a problem which
> a few others seem to have - when I select a stream from the radio
> itself, either listen live or catch-up, it flashes up 'Connecting' over
> and over and nothing happens. I'm using v1.5.4.3 with LMS running on my
> Synology DS214play NAS. I've updated LMS and updated the iPlayer add-in
> but no success....
>
> However! If I access the LMS on the NAS through Windows (Windows 8) on a
> laptop, I can select iPlayer, select a feed, and it will play on the
> appropriate Squeezebox radio. I have both the Live Stream and On-Demand
> Streams set up as DASH>HLS>MP3>FLASH AAC. I find it odd that selecting
> something on the radio doesn't 'connect', but selecting it from the same
> LMS on a laptop causes the radio to happily play that feed.
>
> I realize compared to some this problem is trivial (I still have
> streams!) but I'd prefer to make my selections from the
> radio....timeshifting Radio 2 by selecting all the programs on a Sunday
> morning and afternoon has been something of a highlight of my time here,
> and I'm sad that I'll have to resort to fiddling with phones or whatever
> to use the iPlayer feed.
>
> If anyone has any idea what's going on I'd be grateful for any insight -
> thanks ever so much in advance. I owe you a beer :-)
Just a thought - you're not use the Radio app by any chance are you, as
opposed to the iplayer plugin on LMS?

LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.  Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.