mherger wrote:
> >   root@squeezeplug:~# ldd --version
> >   ldd (Debian EGLIBC 2.13-38+rpi2+deb7u3) 2.13
>

> root@squeezeplug:/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/armhf-linux#
> ./spotty
> >   ./spotty: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.18'
> not found (required by ./spotty)
> >   ./spotty: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17'
> not found (required by ./spotty)
>
> Yeah, thought that this would be the problem :-(. And I have no idea how
>
> to build for an older glibc...
>
> --
>
> Michael

I've now updated the OS and reinstalled LMS from scratch.
Interestingly, it still won't start.  I'm still getting the message:

Code:
--------------------

  There has been a problem running the Spotty helper application. Most likely
your operating system and/or platform is not supported. Please report the
following details to me: Debian / armv7l-linux

--------------------

however there has been a step forward, I can start Spotty from the
command line

Code:
--------------------

pi@max2play:/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux
 $ ./spotty
  spotty v0.5.0
  error: Required option 'name' missing.
  Usage: ./spotty [options]

  -c, --cache CACHE   Path to a directory where files will be cached.
  -n, --name NAME     Device name
  --onstart PROGRAM
  Run PROGRAM when playback is about to begin.
  --onstop PROGRAM
  Run PROGRAM when playback has ended.
  --onchange PROGRAM
  Run PROGRAM when playback changes (new track, seeking
  etc.).
  --single-track ID
  Play a single track ID and exit.
  --start-position STARTPOSITION
  Position (in ms) where playback should be started.
  Only valid with the --single-track option.
  -u, --username USERNAME
  Username to sign in with
  -p, --password PASSWORD
  Password
  -a, --authenticate  Authenticate given username and password. Make sure
  you define a cache folder to store credentials.
  --disable-discovery
  Disable discovery mode
  -t, --get-token     Get oauth token to be used with the web API etc.
  --client-id CLIENT_ID
  A Spotify client_id to be used to get the oauth token.
  Required with the --get-token request.
  --scope SCOPE   The scopes you want to have access to with the oauth
  token.
  -x, --check         Run quick internal check

--------------------

ldd --version :

Code:
--------------------

pi@max2play:/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux
 $ ldd --version
  ldd (Debian GLIBC 2.19-18+deb8u6) 2.19
  Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper.

uname -a :

Code:

pi@max2play:/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux
 $ uname -a
  Linux max2play 4.4.41+ #942 Mon Jan 9 14:52:21 GMT 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

Let me know you would like me to investigate anything