I've been trying to beat back a noise issue while trying to build a
portable player with 7" screen. My issue seemed to be caused by trying
to use a dual output PSU. Today I tried separate PSU's. One for the
RSP3, screen, hard drive, etc. and one for an 18w stereo amplifier. It
works fine except for a very faint motor boating sound coming from the
speakers. I noticed that the noise starts when Squeezelite loads. I'm
using picoreplayer 3.20 with SL.

Oddly enough, to me, I don't hear any noise when using headphones hooked
to the RCA outputs of the DAC+. Only when I run the output to a
amplifier.

Any ideas or is it just a coincidence that the noise starts when
Jivelite loads?

Thanks,

Howard

Can I go home now?