whitman wrote:
> Bpa, I've had the 1.5.4 repo in place for a while, currently using
> 1.5.4.4 (and Extras 2.0.0). To follow your advice here, sounds like I
> should switch to the beta repo (I won't actually be listening to Proms
> after all). Can I do this without upset, in other words just replace the
> repo in settings and thereby go "back" a version?

If it works at the moment - leave it.  Going back can sometimes has
problems with preferences. If you are not using Flac then any updates to
V1.5..4.* are unlilkely to affect you.

1.5.4.* is the version which has Flac implemented.  An update (soon) to
1.5.4.5 will also support the BBC live Binaural( another experiment).
User of 1.5.4.* know that each version has not been tested by others and
could have problems which may break the plugin and require another
update.

The "beta" repo ( a bit of a misnomer as the beta refers to BBCs beta
HTML5 trial not the plugin version) will deliver the latest version
which is "stable" which means any update will be to a version which has
already been tested by other users and there is unlikely to be another
update for months. So far beta repo has been 1.5.2 in November 2016 and
1.5.3 in June 2017(although 1.5.3 started testing in Feb) .  The "beta"
repo also inlcude the latest version of Extra.

V1.5.4.0 started testing in April 2017. V1.5.4.4 was "released" in June
2017.  As there are a few small bugs to be fixed and some performance
tweaks I expect that 1.5.4.* will be revved soon and if there are no
problems with it then by end of August  - 1.5.4.6  will be put into the
"beta" repo.  At which point the V154 repo becomes redundant as V1.5.4.*
branch development will be finished.