fraho wrote:
> I've meanwhile rebooted every single component within my network,
> unfortunately without any change. Besides the audio streaming problem
> depending on the controller there are also differences with the transfer
> of metadata. iTunes Airplay: Audio o.k., Artist/Title o.k., Native MacOS
> Airplay: Audio o.k., no artist/title, AirAudio Airplay: No Audio,
> artist/title o.k. (and problems with commands: i.e. when pausing on my
> Smartphone the song continues to play according to the LMS Webinterface,
> with or without "wait for synchro"), Airfoil Airplay MacOS: No
> connection to speaker with the error message I've already posted,
> Airfoil Airplay Windows virtual machine: No connection to speaker with
> another error message "Airfoil received an an unexpected status code"

There is a bug in AirAudio with the way they form their SDP session (see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_Description_Protocol). In the
field o= They set the *destination* address, not the *originator*
address.

In my new releases, now that I'm using some timing alignment between the
AirPlay device and LMS, I need to have the address of the AirPlay device
earlier (previously I was waiting for the 1st connection from the
AirPlay device). That mean that I'm now extracting that address from the
SDP session, but as the address is wrong with AirAudio, then I was
trying to get the synchro from the wrong address and playback would not
start.

Long story short, I'v set a workaround that shoudl not impact anything
else (cross fingers) but you should contatc AirAudio developer and tell
him

AppleTV 4, Airport Express