mherger wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> If you've tried to use 'Spotty'
> (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=107615) on your NAS
> device but failed due to some incompatibility, here's something for you:
> Thanks to forum user jr01 and 'Jörg Krause'
> (https://github.com/joerg-krause/rust-cross-libs) I've finally been able
> to compile Spotty for previously un-supported systems based on an ARMv5
> (armel) processor. From the feedback I got these are particularly
> popular in Synology and QNAP NAS systems.
>
> Before I'm integrating them with the main Spotty plugin I'd like it to
> be tested. In order to do so please install Spotty and the new
> SpottyARMv5Bin plugins. Then try to configure Spotty from the LMS web UI
> (Settings/Advanced/Spotty). You might need to enter username/password as
> discovery mode seems to crash. But that's better than nothing, isn't it?
> :-)
>
> Please give this a try and let me know about your findings!
>
> (Unfortunately this still won't help if you were running a PowerPC based
> NAS.)

I have made a bold assumption that my ReadyNas Duo V2 runs ARMv5.
Correct? If not, read no further!:p

I have installed both SPOTTY 1.3.3 and SpottyARMv5Bin plugins into LMS
on the ReadyNAS and they both installed. Settings/Advanced/Spotty
Spotify For Squeezebox has error message "Spotty requires the Perl
module IO::Socket::SSL. You can NOT use Spotty without this module.
Please use your operating system's package manager to install it." Is
that correct so far?

Regards,

David

*Server* pi3 pCP LMS
*Media* ReadyNAS DuoV2
*Lounge/dining areas* SBT > Denon AVR2113  > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix
Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB turntable, Stanton
680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp etc)
*Family/kitchen* SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix
C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
*Alfresco* as above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
*Others* SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
*SBT/SB Player Remotes* Squeeze Ctrl/androids