I feel the tests I've done have very much been the blind leaving the
blind. :o

Just in case there is an obvious solution - these notes might be
useful:

>From what I can see, the spotty output is PCM.

Inguz expects the input to be wav.

So the task is to convert the spotty pcm output to wave.  I tried the
following sox command:

Code:
--------------------
    | [sox] -q -r 44100 -e signed-integer -b 16 -L -c 2 -t raw - -t wav |
--------------------

and then, just in case "ignore-length" might make a difference:

Code:
--------------------
    | [sox] -q -r 44100 -e signed-integer -b 16 -L -c 2 --ignore-length -t raw
- -t wav |
--------------------

The sox parameters are based on those used in the spt-flc section of the
Spotty custom-convert.conf file.

As a test I created a 44.1k, 16bit, 2 channel, little-endian raw file
(using Sound Forge) and the following command line correctly converted
it to wav:

Code:
--------------------
    sox  -q -r 44100 -e signed-integer -b 16 -L -c 2 F:\test.raw F:\test.wav
--------------------

The difference between this and what I tried in the Inguz Spotty command
is:
Code:
--------------------
    F:\test.raw F:\test.wav
  vs
Code:
    -t raw - -t wav

Any thoughts?

Touch, Meridian G92, Meridian G55, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant
Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.