2. Settings/Advanced/Spotty - this screen behaves rather oddly:
-  it shows my account login - I've tried to remove account few times
but it seems impossible.. after clicking "delete" button screen changes
to 'automatic authorisation instructions' but my details are remembered
at the bottom

That seems to be working as designed. The details are remembered by your browser, not Spotty.

I believe could be  smth wrong with transcoding ??.. I've tried to

Please check whether transcoding to flac is enabled. If so, disable it and try again.

--

Michael