1. When I say continues playing I mean beyond one track. It will play
the whole playlist.

Now that's rather surprising (unless the two players are synchronized): as LMS never gets to see the playlist in Connect mode, Spotify would have to control two devices in parallel. Which they explicitly do not allow/support.

2. No I didn't have repeat enabled.

Again: from LMS POV there's only one track. Unless repeat is on, this would mean that Spotify would tell the player to repeat playback.

Could you please enable INFO logging for plugin.spotty, reproduce both cases and post your log (with pointers to the timestamps when you triggered the two actions)?

--

Michael