I was wondering: My log is flooded with getMetadataFor 5 or 6 times per
second. Is this by design?

I would only get these often if I were using the web UI (which is polling continously). Some mobile apps might be doing the same (eg. Logitech's own :-)).

If you want to track down the problem, then you should try to eliminate any unrelated clients, players, controllers.

Also noticed if the Jive clients are in sync and I stop RP playback the
log is quiet. If they are out of sync and I stop RP playback the logs
keeps showing getMetadataFor (maybe every 5 sec)

There are various different statements being logged from that method. Would be interesting to know which ones you see.

--

Michael