Playing RP this morning, I'm finding that the FLAC stream I'm hearing is
about 45 minutes behind the RP website playlist.

I can confirm something's wrong right now. But TBH I'm not sure it's in the plugin or on RP's end: I would get metadata for two songs, starting with ID x, but the stream URL I get would indicate ID x-1 to x+1. This already is questionable. If I then request the next junk, I would get metadata for the same two tracks, but a stream URL indicating other track IDs. I'll ping Bill before anything else.

Please note that the flac stream isn't a "real time" stream. All those shows are pre-recorded. Otherwise you couldn't skip tracks. Basically the old mp3/aac streams would just play track 1 to x straight through. But with the track based flac stream you could skip tracks 2-3, playing #4 when the mp3 stream was still on #2. Or if you paused RP for a few hours, unpausing it would continue where you left (eg. track 10), while the mp3 stream would be on track 25 already. Skipping to the next block would probably bring you up in sync with mp3 again etc. I think I mentioned this (in less detail) in my announcement.
--

Michael