This thread has become very long and difficult to search through, so

That's why I'll repeat myself and say it again: please open new threads for specific issues. I absolutely hate discussing dozens of issues in the same generic thread.

after looking for 10 minutes I will ask a direct question: Is this
message in my LMS server log anything to worry about? "[17-11-16
09:57:14.1610] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::_getCurlCmd (364) Didn't find
the 'curl' utility. Please install curl using your package manager." I
am not using the experimental connect feature.

If you're running LMS on pCP, then no. If that's the only complaint about any missing tool, then neither. wget would be used instead.

--

Michael