First of all thanks for this, it is certainly interesting.
The email notifying me of your announcement came in just as I syncing 3
player while I did some cleaning and was saying to myself "I wish I
could have groups of players" !!!

Some problems I have noticed:-
(In order of increasing seriousness (To Me :) ))

After using a group you cannot use synchronize on any former member of
that group (do not appear in Sync menu in GUI) until the player is power
cycled (software via LMS GUI) this may be due to my use of Syncoptions

I use some plugins to control some device options, these are
Powersave,Reset Volume,Volumelock these no longer function on the
grouped players.

LMS seems to transcode FLAC to MP3 (with LAME) for each member of a
group despite the fact that all player can natively use FLAC (see
attached logs)

I use the PowerswitchIII plugin to control the amplifier on one of my
SB3 player this does not function when the SB3 is part of a group.
The PowerswitchIII can only be enabled from the player menu on the SB3.
Because of this the SB3 is silent although playing fine.

Good News for  FredFredrickson is that Alarms do seem to work OK
(Although with the caveat of the PowerswitchIII problem)

Hope this is helpful, If you would like me to test things just PM me.

Jeff

24223

24224

|Filename: Squeezebox Starting Group.txt                            |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24224|

*Players:* SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLiteX,PiCorePlayer
x3,Wandboard
*Server:* LMS Version:  Latest Nightly on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on
Dell T320
*Plugins:*
AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty
*Remotes:* iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLiteX
*Music:* 383GB,1346 albums with 18894 songs by  4501 artists mostly
FLACs

*Want a webapp ?* See
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104305-Webapp-for-LMS