philippe_44 wrote:
> Can you have the QNAP connected to the switch? You have many layers
> here, is this needed?

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> It might be the problem, especially the router might have some
> filtering of the multicast packets.
I need this setup unfortunately. I changed the switch for a simple hub
but no difference. I have no reason to believe the modemrouter is not
letting multicast pass on the LAN side. There is a multicast setting
which is enabled. What I need to test now is the A P. This is a Ubiquiti
ap-ac-lr and I found 2 topics mentioning something about a multicast
problem. Had something todo with sonos equipment. But I need to create a
config file which must be uploaded to the AP and I have to dive into
this. Thanks for helping out so far.