pgf wrote:
> I run squeezelite on some small single board systems (CHIP $9
> computers), mostly connected to reasonably good powered PC speakers.
>
> One set of speakers, however, has a consistent imbalance between left
> and right.  I'd normally just use alsamixer to adjust the left/right
> balance, but for some reason on the CHIP boards alsamixer doesn't expose
> separate left/right controls -- the channels are always controlled
> together.  I've asked on the CHIP forum about that, but in case the
> answer comes back as "sorry" (and it might, given the state of CHIP
> development), I'm looking for a different way.
>
> What gives me hope for squeezelite is its resampling capability, which
> is apparently based on sox (I think).  Is it possible to use that
> mechanism to "resample" into the same sampling parameters, while
> reducing the level of just one channel?
>
> Can this be done?  Pointers on how I might get started?  While I'm
> skilled in a lot of areas, digital audio is not my strong suit.
>
> paul
Balance should not be done in the software. You have powered speakers.
Why don't you turn the volume a little down, on the one which play with
the highest volume ??

Callesoroe
Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan
Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma
PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
Kitchen: Receiver - S.M.S.L DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers.
Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Office:
Transporter, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe