Jefffrye wrote:
> Basically what the title says.  People on these forums are way beyond
> what I know about this stuff at the moment. When Spotify cancelled
> support I went with a Chromcast audio if that tells you anything. But
> now with Radio Paradise FLAC available it's got me going down the rabbit
> hole again but not finding the info I need. For starters my LMS version
> is 7.7.5. which I think needs updated (I think). How, and then what's
> next? And are there any reasons not to? Thank you very much in advance.
> Jeff

1. Install LMS 7.9.1 from here:
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9

2. on LMS webGUI, go to settings (lower right)

3. Click on plugins tab

4. scroll down and tick the box for show all 3rd party plugins

5. Locate "Radio Paradise" plugin, tick on it then select APPLY, then
when it asks to restart click OK.

6. When LMS restarts, on the webGUI page, go to myapps in menu. You
should see Radio Paradise. Click on this then you get the option to play
FLAC (or other) streams.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio (all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify