MaCs wrote:
> I have a Raspberry Pi 3 with the Allo Boss Dac. The operating system is
> from Max2play (Stretch). I am trying to stream music from my phone (with
> the MediaMonkey app) to the Raspberry Pi.
>
> In the Max2Play web interface that controls the Raspberry Pi, I can
> choose three different "players": Squeezelite, Shairport, and
> Gmediarender. In the Logitech Media Server settings, I see three DLNA
> plugins that seem relevant: Shairtunes2, UPnP/DLNA Media Interface, and
> Remote Music Library.
>
> I tried every possible combination of those plugins (I think) but the
> best I can get is playing one song with MediaMonkey. Playing always
> stops after one song.
>
> Any idea what I should do?
>
> Thanks!

I think Shairport would allow you to do that, i.e. the DAC would be
visible as an AirPlay target (from your iPhone, e.g.), except that
what's being played on it would not be "visible" from LMS webUI or
controller. It's just another source for the DAC, independant from LMS
(AFAIK, I've never really used Shairport in connection with Max2Play)

Using squeezelite, you should be able to use the DAC as an LMS player.
Then, adding Shairtunes2, such player would itself become an AirPlay
target, so then you should see in LMS whatever you're playing from your
iPhone. That's was Shairtunes2 does: turning all LMS players into
AirPlay targets

AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5