Fahzz wrote:
> So it doesn't actually do anything unless it's activated? I'm not into
> facebook at all, and don't want to be.
>
> BTW thanks for all the updates.

No, it’s just a passive web link. No cookies or FB code involved.

The idea was that if your friends post music links on Facebook (a lot of
my friends do that and some of them are really great explorers) you can
just tap that and play it on a Squeezebox.

It became more difficult these days due to more JavaScript, my idea
going forward is to have a share sheet so that you can play right from
other apps. That would the also work with apps like Spotify, podcast
apps etc.
When that’s ready, I’m going to remove Facebook from iPeng (except for
the iOS system sharing).
And BTW I did already remove the Twitter feature in this version (which
had a similar intention but involved native code so privacy related
tokens had to be exchanged to use it and I didn’t want to add that to
the privacy policy for an outdated feature nobody uses anyway)

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch*