BosseJ wrote:
> The last line in the server.log from your first post indicate some issue
> with the IP address on the LMS-server:
> [18-05-19 09:36:13.8314] Slim::Plugin::CLI::Plugin::cli_socket_accept
> (250) Access to CLI is restricted to the local network or localhost:
> 169.254.148.151
>
> This is unrelated to the UPnPBridge plugin, but may be due to:
> 1) the LMS server software starts before the network configuration in
> the Windows operating system is finished => LMS uses a 'link local'
> address as fall back. Will be fixed if you restart LMS software awhile
> after power-up.
> 2) the Windows server fails to get an IP adress through
> mis-configuration: specify DHCP or configure network settings manually
> on the Windows server.
>
> No 1 above is quite common I think.

Hi Philippe,

So I've been tinkering and have managed to find a workaround.

My LMS has the proper 192.x.x.x IP address and you can see from the log
that the UPNPBridge plugin knows that too. Michael Herger says that the
CLI entry in the log is reporting the IP of the device connecting to it,
in this case UPNPBridge, so I guess somehow the handler gets the wrong
IP and assigns the 169.x.x.x IP to the new players.

The seems to be the result of the fact that the machine that LMS is
running on actually has 4 Ethernet jacks, of which 3 are disconnected.
When I disable the 3 disconnected jacks, UPnPBridge properly assigns the
IP of LMS to the new players in creates and I can now control them OK.

Somehow UPNPBridge must be using the wrong network connector as the
device it thinks it is on. This was also the case in 0.2.x, but the old
code still managed to work enough to control the devices even when the
IP was from the 169.x.x.x range.