mherger wrote:
> > Thanks Michael. Which is the specific error msg you're saying that is
> > sign of something not working. I'll try to track down where that's
> > coming from.
>
> Don't remember the message. But it's about 98% of all log entries. You
> can't miss it :-)
>
> --
>
> Michael

Ha, ya. Found it.
It was this line...the only references I could find by search are a bit
old and people seem to be saying that it's not causing any issues, but
they are unsure why it's happening.
Here's the line, in case anyone has other thoughts:
[18-03-15 20:44:35.3115] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147)
Error: Select task failed calling
Slim::Web::HTTP::sendStreamingResponse: illegal file descriptor or
filehandle (either no attached file descriptor or illegal value):  at
/<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm
line 150.
; fh=Slim::Web::HTTP::ClientConn=GLOB(0xcac67d4)

I de-activated all other plugins, btw, and it's still happening.

Do you know if the Spotty plugin has executed any code at the time that
the squeezebox hangs or is the hang prior to any Spotty code
executing...that would be nice to know.

Also, if you know how to create a windows script that would:
a) check if lms is playing music (ideally via spotty)
b) if not (ie: if lms is idle), turn lms off for a few secs, then on
again
c) I'd then setup a windows cron job to run this script every 30 mins,
which should allow me to workaround this weird issue

The hard part is figuring out how to do (a) from a windows script...any
ideas welcome.

Thanks!
Dan