castalla wrote:
> The Touch is not synced, 2 Radios not synced - all subject to delay.
> SqueezePlay on Win7 - no delay but transcoded to flac).
>
> Ah-ha - solved!  DASH livestream was set to lowest bitrate!  (No idea
> why because on demand is at highest).
>
> Start now takes about 5 secs.
>
> Sorry for the wild goose chase!
>
> Thanks as always.

With "old" http streaming - data is read until buffer was full and then
passed to player, with DASH Audio comes in 3.2 sec chunks so my "delay
settings" forces getting an initial chunk of data.
On a single core system scheduling of processes becomes sensitive -
especially at the start when a decoder may not have not have enough data
to complete decoding some frames then it will pass control back to
another process.