nicholasg wrote:
> I apologize for posting this in 2 forums, but I have not had a reply in
> the "General Discussion" forum and thought this is probably a better
> home for my question.
>
> I've very late to all this streaming stuff, but having seen someone
> demoing Genelec speakers with Tidal, I've become very interested.
>
> From what I can see there are 2 ways of using Tidal with a Squeezebox:
> -
>
> 1) The Tidal app on my squeezebox.com
>
> OR
>
> 2) Using ickStream
> (http://wiki.ickstream.com/index.php/...x_Installation)
>
> Is that correct? Are there are many differences between the 2 methods?
>
> Sorry if this is documented somewhere else, but I couldn't find a
> comparison.
>
> Thanks,
> Nicholas

The official Tidal App works fine. Also with FLAC.

Callesoroe
Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan
Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma
PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
Kitchen: Receiver - S.M.S.L DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers.
Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Office:
Transporter, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe