Odd, I have just tried and I cannot recreate this. However, I have no
real squeezeboxes - only Airplay and piCorePlayer.

Volume handling is a bitch... you change it in the UI, send the command to the server, which in turn would tell your UI to update the volume to the volume where it was fraction of a seconds before, as you keep pulling the slider... as a result you see a jumping volume slider. Happened here, too. And happened with other UIs I've been working on.

As a starter you should probably buffer volume events coming from the server. Or ignore them as long as the user is interacting with the volume control.

--

Michael