cpd73 wrote:
> The 'Now Playing' uses the -musicartistinfo- command - this takes an
> artist name, and an album name. It can take artist_id and album_id, but
> Material does not use this. I could change it to use these, but MAI just
> maps from these IDs to the strings anyway. As stated my Michael this
> might help with encoding issues, but your Led Zeppelin example should
> not be affected by encoding - all the characters are Latin1. So, don't
> think this would help there.
>
> I don't have this album, but if I call the API via a curl command, I do
> get a valid response. Can you use a commandline? Have curl installed? If
> so, what does the following return? (replace -lmshostname- with the
> hostname/IPaddress of LMS)

Code:
--------------------
  >   > curl 'http://lmshostname:9000/jsonrpc.js' --data
'{"id":1,"method":"slim.request","params":["", ["musicartistinfo",
"albumreview", "artist:Led Zeppelin", "album:Led Zeppelin III (Vinyl)"]]}'
--------------------

> For example, the response I get is:

Code:
--------------------
  >   >

{"method":"slim.request","params":["",["musicartistinfo","albumreview","artist:Led
 Zeppelin","album:Led Zeppelin III (Vinyl)"]],"id":1,"result":{"album":"Led
Zeppelin III","albumreview":"On their first two albums, Led Zeppelin unleashed
a relentless barrage of heavy blues and rockabilly riffs, but Led Zeppelin III
provided the band with the necessary room to grow musically. While there are
still a handful of metallic rockers, III is built on a folky, acoustic
foundation that gives the music extra depth. And even the rockers aren't as
straightforward as before: the galloping \"Immigrant Song\" is powered by
Robert Plant's banshee wail, \"Celebration Day\" turns blues-rock inside out
with a warped slide guitar riff, and \"Out on the Tiles\" lumbers along with a
tricky, multi-part riff. Nevertheless, the heart of the album lies on the
second side, when the band delve deeply into English folk. \"Gallows Pole\"
updates a traditional tune with a menacing flair, and \"Bron-Y-Aur
  Stomp\" is an infectious acoustic romp, while \"That's the Way\" and
\"Tangerine\" are shimmering songs with graceful country flourishes. The band
hasn't left the blues behind, but the twisted bottleneck blues of \"Hats off to
(Roy) Harper\" actually outstrips the epic \"Since I've Been Loving You,\"
which is the only time Zeppelin sound a bit set in their ways.","artist":"Led
Zeppelin"}}

--------------------

Thanks. I’ll test in the morning.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng