Hisma wrote:

> But I exported my wiki page into a word doc, see here -
> edit: send me a PM if you want it, just in case there's too much private
> info I didn't want to make it public

Done, thanks.

> Note that I COULD NOT get this working with stunnel. I think your
> instrunctions for setting it up confused me and I just couldn't get it
> working.  The problem I was running in to was that stunnel was trying to
> listen on the same port as my nginx reverse proxy server, so the two
> conflicted.  After spending a few hours trying to figure out what I was
> doing wrong, I gave up, ditched stunnel, and just used straight ssl with
> nginx.

Yep, setting up tunnels is hard I've found. A lot of ports, a lot of
ways of getting it wrong and not many good tools for debugging.

However if you've got SSL with Nginx working (I'm guessing you looked at
https://github.com/declension/squeeze-alexa/blob/master/docs/SSL.md#with-nginx-19),
then even better. It's newer and perhaps easier to configure for about
the same performance, I'd estimate.

For security, you should just make sure it uses client certificates so
that not -anyone- (with SSL) can connect to that CLI - this is what my
example config does.

> But perhaps you can try to revise your notes to explain stunnel setup
> more clearly, and especially how to set up the ports correctly so
> nothing conflicts.

Sure - anything in particular? Obviously no amount of documentation can
let two processes bind to the same port; I guess could be more explicit
about choosing stunnel *or* nginx *or* HAProxy

> Hope my notes can help other newbs like me out.  Haha!

Hopefully!