OK, before I ask my question...I *know*..."fix your tags."

I'm not fixing my tags. If that bothers you to the point of lecturing
me, please consider ignoring this thread entirely.

Would it be possible to write a plugin that takes control over artwork
handling by LMS? Ideally it would be user configurable. I'd like it to
allow me to enforce rules. My rules would be as follows, someone else'
might be different.

- If a track has embedded art, default to this. If not, then:
- Default folder art. If not, then:
- Default to folder art a level up, or a level up, or...
- If no folder art is found all the way to the top level, use
  placeholder art.
- NEVER guess.

Ideally, the plugin would let me provide a top-level placeholder of my
own.

My question is such a plugin *possible*?