bpa wrote:
> Celeron - how many cores ?
>
> What do you mean by "delay"   - the setting value or the time taken
> before audio is heard after pressing play ?
> I expect a significant delay setting is needed (e.g. 30 sec - 1 minute)
> but if followed by another 15 sec before audio - that is not expected.
>
> For a problematic Windows system a delay setting of 15 secs is usually
> not enough.

It's a XS35GS V3 with an Intel® Atom™ Processor D2700 2 cores 32 bit.

Seconds to delay start was set at 15 and that was how long it took to
hear music.

I tried all the settings below this and none reduced the time to hearing
the programme playback (but I was not aware of, or consider the cache
effect).

I'm now using

> Debian Stretch with Raspberry Pi Desktop
> The Raspberry Pi Desktop OS for PC and Mac - based on Debian Stretch

on the Shuttle and that gives instant playback start on the live BBC