grimmace92 wrote:
> I tried the install you sent me and the same behavior.  There is one
> difference.  The sensors on the main page of home assistant are
> updating.  When actioning from the HA gui i get null but when doing it
> manually through putty as you describe in the trouble shooting section
> they update properly.  As I'm using !include_dir_merge_named scripts I
> created a scripts folder.  Inside is a scripts.yaml that is empty and
> the script_lms_controls.yaml file.  That is correct right?
>
> **EDIT** Some progress.  If I run the spotify shell command in the
> troubleshooting section the sensors update.  From there if I go to the
> HA gui and select play artist it will work and start playing.  The issue
> is if I try to change the Artist name to something different it doesn't
> respect it and keeps playing whatever I entered in putty which is stuck
> in the sensors.

Still sounds like the shell files are not being run.  You should not
have to run them manually.  Add the following to your configuration.yaml
in the logger section:

Code:
--------------------
    logger:
  default: critical
  logs:
  homeassistant.components.shell_command: debug
--------------------

Restart HA, set music source to lms, set artist, album and song in GUI,
pick play song in the HA GUI then send me the log by email
yl...@vianet.ca.  In there you will see what is being called and the
path being used and the return status of the call.

The name of the file is:  /config/home-assistant.log.  Don't post it
here as it will contain some sensitive details like your domain name,
token, etc..

Perhaps also run a play song using source lms, and spotify, then play
album using each source as well before you send it to me.  Maybe we can
make heads or tails out of it with that additional info.

Finally, does it work if you set music source to lms and type it artist
name and then choose play artist?

If you need details on the logger function see here:
https://www.home-assistant.io/components/logger/

*software* - logitech media server version: 7.9.1, home assistant
0.84.6, dialogflow - v.1 api, lms controls app - voice control of lms,
openmediavault 4.1.17 - storage
*add-ons* - spotty, upnp / dlna bridge, chromecast bridge,
*players* - sonos, upnp, pi3 - pi core player 3.5.0, android- sb player
v1.4.0, airplay to googlehome and minis
*hardware* - server - i7-3.4ghz, 4gb ram, 6tb storage, debian - 4.18