mrw wrote:
> A couple of points on PlaylistParser.pm:
>
> The name & description need to be decoded with uri_unescape_utf8, I'm
> seeing a lot of URI encoding noise in track info.
> The podcast stream is missing a terminating '&'. Although I suspect the
> duration no longer matches up.

Is this osmehting new ? Not sure what you mean. The encoding should be
the exact same as before - just the playing URL changes - all the title
& desc files in the iplayer URL have not changed from DASH or HLS.

> In the longer term,
As keynes said - in the long term, we are dead.

So I'll do just enough to get the next broadcast.

>  I wonder if the XML availability documents will continue to suffer from
> 'lack of love'. I don't know who uses these commercially, presumably
> someone might begin to notice that an increasing number of programmes
> are unplayable due to incorrect stream info. If there's no improvement,
> perhaps one might switch BBCXMLParser to pass a json playlist URL
> directly to BBCiPlayerExtra::ExtraPlayableParser. Who can know how
> matters will unfold ?]
I wouldn't place my faith in the playlist.json - have a look at what the
same playlist.xml ending says about the lifetime of the JSON version
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001wgw/playlist.xml