mavit wrote:
> I notice that when a programme is initially added to the playlist, more
> metadata is available for it than when it is playing.  For example, in
> the Logitech Media Server web interface, clicking on the currently
> playing iPlayer programme in the right hand pane causes it to appear in
> the left hand pane with the programme artwork replaced by LMS’s generic
> radio mast icon.
>
> This appears to be because, when a programme plays, the handler switches
> from Plugins::BBCiPlayer::iPlayer to Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH, and the
> latter class lacks a getMetadataFor() method.  Adding the following to
> DASH.pm seems like a step in the right direction:

Code:
--------------------
  >   > sub getMetadataFor {
  > my ($class, $client, $url) = @_;
  > my $metadata = Plugins::BBCiPlayer::iPlayer::getMetadataFor(@_);
  > $metadata->{'icon'} //= $class->getIcon($url);
  > $metadata->{'cover'} //= $metadata->{'icon'};
  > return $metadata;
  > }

Please explain in more detail what you are doing.  Is this live or
listen again.  Metadata is obtained dynamically and can vary depending
the what format is availbale.

My gut feeling is the solution is wrong - the dash:// protocol should
not have been called - there is an error in the handling.