I noticed that the home-button is missing when running material on my
iPhone SE.
Running SLX in mobile view, its available. When I 'shrink' the window
width in SLX, the homebutton vanishes there as well at some point.
So, I assume the screen width of my phone is too small to show the
button.
But looking at the screenlayout at the size, where it starts vanishing,
everything looks far from beeing cramped to me in that line.
Could the value from which the button appears could be set a bit lower?

P.S. On the earlier discussion wrt slow Album art: I have the same
issue. I was running local resizing (LMS w/ --nomysqueezebox started)
Images take very long to load.
Now I changed to mysqueezebox.com resizing and the images load
superfast.