farrina wrote:
> Switching all to "proxied" mode (as opposed to direct) resolves the
> issue and I can successfully also synchronise output across all players
>
> Many thanks :-)
>
> -Added later (upon further reflection)
>
> My local network setup (via Firewall) is that my PiCorePlayers are NOT
> allowed direct internet access. This would explain why Squeezeplay
> domiciled on my desktop (which is allowed internet access) worked but
> they did't. However I am a little confused as to how (with the default
> direct streaming enabled) that the FLAC regular streams always worked -
> are these streams automatically proxied through LMS not withstanding the
> direct configuration ?-
>
> ps took me a while to find the setting so for the benefit of anyone else
> coming across this thread its located thus
>
> Access LMS console
>
> Select Player tab
>
> Select your individual player and then
>
> Select Audio
>
> Change streaming method from Direct Streaming to Proxied Streaming

The answer is that when players are synced LMS is intelligent enough to
know that a radio stream always needs to be proxied.
The non interactive RP stream is just like any other radio stream but
the interactive one is different and it seems obeys the individual
player settings.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng