philippe_44 wrote:
> Can you tell me more about the type of airplay devices you have and
> detail the conditions when the delay occur?

Thanks! I can certainly tell you about the devices: two Jam speakers
(one Rhythm and one Symphony:
https://uk.jamaudio.com/jam-symphony-wireless-wifi-speaker), and one
AudioCast M5 (https://audiocast.io).

So far as I can tell, the delay appears to occur randomly. I am certain
that's not correct, but I have not been able to identify a situation
that causes it. I use powerline networking, which works very well most
of the time, but I believe some glitches are inevitable. On rare
occasions, an audible glitch will occur and all players will lose sync.
I suspect it's very possible that the Airplay delays might occur after
smaller, less obvious network interruptions.

LMS (recent) running on Debian X86_64; 5 Squeezelite players (3 in
PiCorePlayer), 3 players connected via Airplay Bridge
1 Squeezebox Radio (upgraded UE Smart Radio) now mostly retired