Those items with duplicate icons are dynamically generated by Spotify
(at least in theory - haven't seen them change much recently...).
Therefore there's no good matching for Spotty either.

Really? As Spotty/OPML.pm sets the image for "Transfer Playlist" to
"plugins/Spotty/html/images/playlist.png". If this was
"plugins/Spotty/html/images/playlist-transfer.png" (even if this PNG was
a copy of playlist.png) then Material could re-map to a Material icon.
No biggie, just might make things look nicer.

Ah right, that one not. I thought about those items like "Editor's picks", "Genres and Moods" etc.

Not an issue for me, as I don;t use Spotify :)

Neither for me. Though I do use Spotty :-)

I also thought about mapping the Apps icons (Spotty, Radio Paradise,
etc) to monochrome Material-like icons - but as I don't have a complete
list of apps, this would leed to inconsistencies.
There's no finite list of those, as people can add plugins any day.

Michael