I believed that the problem was with all podcasts - but it turns out
that the problem is with one (large in this country) publisher of
podcasts, where my favourite podcasts are from.

Ah... I did add _some_ logging for this very case, because I didn't know what it might do with Spotty: there are some podcasts with a flag called "is_externally_hosted". I wasn't able to find one to see whether it would cause problems. Well, they do. You just pointed me to one such podcast. The Spotify application wouldn't even allow me to transfer playback of this podcast to a Spotty based client.

I'll see with the librespot guys whether there is anything we can do about this.

Until then I'll have to skip such tracks/episodes :-(.

--

Michael