Can we have a mechanism to prevent checking remote sites for a
particular album review (or for a particular set)?

It certainly could be done. But I don't want to add yet another option to the already rather busy settings page. In particular an option which would require quite a bit of knowledge to even use (regex).

I guess I could do it by putting in a blank review file in each album
folder but better would be to be able to (perhaps by a set of regex)
exclude certain albums.

I'd much prefer this "solution" :-D.

I suggest this only because I have a number of albums that I know will
never be reviewed because they are my own radio show recordings.

Do they change often? Putting an empty file in those places should be perfectly feasible, right?

It probably does no harm for the lookup to fail - but being able to
avoid them completely might be kinder to the remote sites that host the
genuine reviews.

Review lookup isn't a high volume task.

Imagine I have a set of recordings of a radio show called "Interesting
Radio Programme" and I store them like albums - with the album title of
Interesting Radio Programme - 1973/12/25

Do you also store an artist? If not, no review would be looked up anyway.

--

Michael