Mycenius wrote:
> Morning All - I've just installed this plugin last night to try out,
> first time I've used it (as usually haven't listened to music while at
> my computer desk); and I am having an issue where it won't actually
> start, despite restarting LMS and rebooting the host NAS. I have LMS
> running on a QNAP HS-453-DX NAS via QLMS and my client is a Windows 10
> PC (with the latest 2019 major feature updates). All I get is "(Not
> Running)" showing on the LMS page next to the tick box where you enable
> the player (and the box is ticked)...
>
> Can someone advice the first basic troubleshooting steps I should take
> (e.g. anything obvious I should check is enabled or installed, etc)?
>
> TIA

I think the first step in the troubleshooting is :- Is the localplayer
plugin what you think it is ?

The localplayer plugin provides a player on the LMS server hardware, in
your case the NAS, Does the NAS have audio outputs ?

If you want a client for the LMS on your PC I'd recommend Squeezelite-X
(A Free download from the Microsoft Store)

Jeff

*Players:* SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
*Server:* LMS Version:  Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3
on Dell T320
*Plugins:*
AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player
Groups
*Remotes:* iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
*Music:* 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

*Want a webapp ?* See
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104305-Webapp-for-LMS